4 x 9cm Pyrex Ceramic Ramekins
Bain-Marie (Pyrex Mixing Bowl over pan of simmering water)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Heavily grease 4 x 9cm Pyrex Ceramic Ramekins with Président Unsalted Butter and dust the inside with caster sugar, gently tapping out any excess.
3. Beat the whole eggs and egg yolks with the caster sugar, until light and fluffy, taking approximately 8-10 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate and Président Unsalted Butter together in a bain-marie, over a pan of simmering water, being careful not to let the chocolate get too hot as it will burn and taint the flavour.
5. When the egg mixture is sufficiently aerated gently fold in the flour. Take a small amount of egg mixture and beat it into the melted chocolate, then carefully fold the chocolate mixture to the remaining egg mixture.
6. Fill each Pyrex Ceramic Ramekin with the fondant mixture and bake in the oven for 11 minutes.
7. Serve immediately, dusted with cocoa powder if desired.
Melting chocolate fondants
- 30 minutes
- 4 persons
- 90g Président Unsalted Butter, (plus extra for greasing)
- 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks
- 40g wholemeal plain flour
- 40g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 100g dark chocolate (70% minimum cocoa solids)